Here are some of our very favorite articles, videos, images and more. Make sure to check out our other resource pages like 12 Tips to Remember at Your IEP Meeting, Building your IEP Binder and our Assistive Technology Page. We hope these resources help you along your journey!
- NPR Series, “Unlocking Dyslexia”
- The six part series by MindShift by Holly Korbey. Especially the final installment entitled “The Dialogue Surrounding Dyslexia: Five Important Take aways” dated February 26, 2016.
- Time Magazine’s “Dyslexia is More than a Reading Disorder” by Alice Park dated December 21, 2016 about the newest research by MIT published in the journal Neuron.
- Washington Post’s “Is listening to a book ‘cheating’?” by Valerie Strauss July 31, 2016.
- The Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity website – especially the “Dyslexia Bill of Rights” and “How Parents Can Build a Word-Rich Life for Dyslexics” by Kyle Redford.
- Tennessee Department of Education’s Dyslexia Advisory Council Page.
- The MTSU Dyslexia Center website – especially the flyers featured on the “Publications” page.
- Dyslexia Resource Guide: Guidance on Say Dyslexia Bill by the Tennessee Department of Education.
- United States Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services “Dear Colleague” letter dated October 23, 2105 encouraging schools to use the term “dyslexia” in IEPs.
- United States Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services letter dated January 21, 2011, known as OSEP Letter 11-07, instructing states that they cannot use RTI2 to delay or deny an evaluation for special education.